Saturday, July 17, 2010

Island approved!


Just got a great phone call from Suzanne Rankin. She will be playing the mysterious part of Gertie Kendrick in the series. She called to tell me she got stung by a bee on the foot this morning and had to sit for a spell. She had just earlier received a copy of the whole first season and this was a perfect opportunity for her to sit down and get started on it. Turns out she couldn't put it down and read the entire thing in one sitting. I had been nervously waiting to hear back from her as I had a vested interest in her opinion of the story. You see, Suzanne resides on Matinicus island. She is also the island historian and can trace her roots to the island's first white settlers in the 1700s. She is quite familiar with the real Ragged Island as Matinicus is right next door. I always kind of figured if she liked it, then we would have done our part as writers to not portray the island and it's people in any way other than positive. Let me tell you, Suzanne LOVED it! This bodes well for the series, my friends. We are island approved!

2 comments: