Saturday, July 7, 2012

Actor Sportlight: Sebastian Carlsen, Sebastan the Grocer (a.k.a. Sea Bass the Comic Genius)

Sebastian Carlsen as Sebastian the Grocer
If we were to look you up on a dating profile, what would your bio read?

Not a people person. Doesn't really like to do anything. Spends his days and nights avoiding people places and things, nouns mostly. Is willing to travel, as long as it does not affect the first three sentences.

Tell us about your character in this season (in this same format).

He is me, and I him. He is much better looking than I am. Which sucks because he isn't around for very long, I'm going to be around far longer than he is. I guess that is why they say good things can't last.

How did watching season one impact your performance in season two?

Wait, what!??? There was a first season?

What projects are you currently working on or have you been working on since Ragged Isle wrapped shooting?

I have been offered a big role, in a Stand-up Special. It's specializing in comedians with glasses, and is Aug 5th at the Comedy Connection. I always said if comedy fell back into my lap I would do it, and here I am. Too bad I don't have any funny jokes.

What is your favorite behind-the-scenes moment during the production of Ragged Isle?

Being the only person without a shirt on in the autopsy shoot, I wanted to take my pants off but everyone was surprisingly abrupt in their opposition to this idea.

What is your favorite thing about your character?

The hair, can't challenge the 'Carlsen' hair, just ask Ian.

What do you and your character have in common?

Actually nothing.

What do you and your character have least in common?

I don't actually work as an island grocer.

If you could play any other character on Ragged Isle who would it be and why

All of them, it would be the greatest. It would be like any Martin Lawrence or Eddie Murphy movie where they play all the characters, except good.

We’re not sure who survives the second and third seasons of Ragged Isle... any last words just in case your character doesn’t make it?

I.......Forgot.........to......take.....(cough) out.......the........(cough) trash........!DEAD!

1 comment: