Monday, July 16, 2012

Actor Spotlight: Denis Fontaine, Vance Trundle

Denis Fontaine as Vance Trundle
If we were to look you up on a dating profile, what would your bio read?

Denis is single; all you lovely ladies take note. Terrific cook, drives a most excellent car, and is easily amused.

Tell us about your character in this season.

Vance finally learned how to reboot his computer, a task beyond his capabilities in season one. A veteran of the old school, he is more comfortable with notebook and pencil than any fancy devices.

 How did watching season one impact your performance in season two?

I wanted to flesh out good ol' Vance this year; the very capable writing team ensured that I got some hella good lines of dialogue.

What projects are you currently working on or have you been working on since Ragged Isle wrapped shooting?

I have been continuing my theatrical endeavors, and have worked in "Come Back, Little Sheba", "A View From the Bridge", "Lend Me a Tenor" and other works since wrapping the series.

What is your favorite behind the scenes moment during the production of Ragged Isle?

 Favorite behind the scenes moment: Slowly getting seasick on the swaying dock while shooting at night up in Harpswell (gulp!).

What is your favorite thing about your character?

 I love being Vance, he has an irrascibility that I wish I could pull off in real life; my personal goal is to become a curmudgeon.

What do you and your character have in common?

Vance and I share a general befuddlement of the world that we inhabit. We are bemused that things we find to be obvious are incomprehensible to some folks, which causes us to shake our shared head in amused confoundment.

What do you and your character have least in common?

I never really smoke that cigar.

If you could play any other character on Ragged Isle who would it be and why?

Sebastian. The man rocks that lobster fest costume.

We’re not sure who survives the second and third seasons of Ragged Isle... any last words just in case your character doesn’t make it?

As a seasoned newspaperman, I had the good sense to have my obit already written. My last words: "Last one out, turn off the lights."

No comments:

Post a Comment